XCTrack can be translated easily with just your web browser. All you need to do is
- have an XContest account
- Open https://translate.xctrack.org/ and log in with your xcontest username/password (click Login in upper right corner)
- select your language
- and fill in the texts in your language
Translation guidelinesPlease, keep the style of translations the same as in the default English texts, especially:
- Length of the translation - Most texts must be fitted to the small portions of already small screen of the cell phone. Please keep the length of translations similar to the default English texts, otherwise unwanted visual glitches may appear. Sometimes, abbreviations are necessary.
- Capitalisation - Unless there is some form of capitalisation required by your language, please keep the lower/upper case the same as in the default texts. Some texts do have capitalised every word, some just the first letter, some are all lower case, depending on the context. Please, keep the same style.
- Ellipsis (...) - Some texts end with triple dot, please include it in your translations in the same way. This is important for consistent user experience throughout the application. The triple dot usually means that there are more options behind the text or the text is going to be replaced with real information once the process behind finishes. Example: loading file details...
- Format string - Currently there is one text which is a format string - “navigTakeoffPrefixDistanceFormat” with default value “%s from”. Here, %s is replaced with current formatted distance (eg. 123m) making together a text “123m from”. In such format string translations, there must appear just the same amount of %s substrings as in the default text, and no other % chars. Otherwise the substitution will not work correctly.
Keep the translations completeIt is very messy to have mixed English and local language on one screen. Please, keep the translations complete. If you find any untranslated strings, please fill it in (watch the red color on the web to see missing translations). There will probably be development releases of XCTrack which will not be published to google play to allow continuous translation of new texts. Also, before the main stable (google play) release, there will be a few days period when the application will be published here to allow all translations to be done. These XCTrack prereleases will be announced at pgforum.
One translation is not enoughIf you find some translated text not quite fitting or you think you have a better one, please log in and add your version of the text. If there are more versions of the translation, please vote with the Like! button for the one you like most.
Test your translations directly in XCTrackIn XCTrack go to:
Preferences -> Testing & Debug -> Update XCTrackThis will download and install the latest development version of XCTrack equipped with the latest translations in all languages. The “Update XCTrack” is possible to use immediately after a new text is filled on the website. Please test your translations this way and correct them if you see the texts are not quite fitting in the screen context.